Fanshawe Pioneer Village is now open for our 60th anniversary season!
Visit us to explore and experience:
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s 60th Anniversary Public Programming Season has ended.
Please visit us through the holiday season for special events and education programs.
We will reopen for daily public programming on May 16, 2020.
- Please make sure to check our Upcoming Events for information about our seasonal 2019 events or read more about our Education Programs.
- Our administration office in the Spriet Family Visitor Centre is open Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Open Mondays by appointment or special booking only.)
- The seasonal Trillium Community Gallery Exhibit has now ended. Please check back in the new year for information on the next Gallery exhibit.
Visit the Heritage Village in 2019
Public Programming Season
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s 60th Anniversary Public Programming Season has ended. Please visit us through the holiday season for special events and education programs.
We will reopen for daily programming on May 16, 2020.
- For more information about our 2019 Events, please visit our Upcoming Events page.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is a dog-friendly museum. Bring your furry friends in for a walk! Please note, only working dogs are allowed inside the heritage buildings.
- Please visit our Education and Tours page for more information on pre-booked education programs, summer programming, and tours.
- The Heritage Village will reopen for the 2020 Public Programming Season on Saturday, May 16, 2020. The Village remains open for special events and education programs through the fall and holiday season.
- The Pioneer Village Cafe is now closed for 2019 and will reopen on Saturday, May 16, 2020. Visit the Cafe during Dickens’ Dinner: The Chimes and A Visit with St. Nicholas this holiday season.
- The Denfield General Store will be open for The Christmas Truce on November 22nd and 23rd, 2019.
- Our administration office in the Spriet Family Visitor Centre is currently open Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Mondays by special appointment or booking only.)
Admission & Memberships
General Admission Rates from 2019:
- $9.00 per Adult- tax included
- $7.00 per Child ages 4-16- tax included
- Free for children ages 3 and under
- Purchase a 2020 Annual Pass or Day Pass before December 31st, 2019 and save! Or, give the gift of experience this year and purchase a pass for a loved one. (Each Annual Pass type comes with 2 free admissions so you can share the experience!)
How to Find Us
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is located INSIDE Fanshawe Conservation Area in London, Ontario. Enter at 1424 Clarke Road and follow the Orange Directional signs.
- Upon entering Fanshawe Conservation Area please let the conservation area tollgate attendant know you are visiting Fanshawe Pioneer Village and they will direct you to the museum.
- Enter 1424 Clarke Road into your GPS or use it as your destination when creating a Google Map.
- View Google Map
- Fanshawe Conservation Area Map
- Free parking! The large parking lot can easily accommodate school buses and campers.
- Accessible parking Is located next to the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Visitor Tollgate.
Where to Stay
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is here to serve you!
- Please note the Denfield General Store and Village Cafe are now closed for the 2019 season.
- During your visit stop in at the Denfield General Store and for treats, refreshments, local products, hand-made gifts, and souvenirs. The Denfield General Store is open for The Christmas Truce on November 22nd and 23rd, 2019, and A Visit with St. Nicholas on December 7th, 8th, 14th, and 15th, 2019.
- Visit the Pioneer Village Cafe for refreshments, something to eat or ice cream! The Pioneer Village Cafe has now closed for the season, but make sure to book your tickets now for Dickens’ Dinner: The Chimes and A Visit with St. Nicholas events.
- Modern washrooms are available in the Heritage Village located behind the Pioneer Village Cafe. These washrooms have accessible stalls, as well as change tables.
- If you require access to an adult size change table please ask our Tollgate staff.
Village Access & Accessibility
- Accessible parking is located near the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Entrance.
- A drop-off circle is located in front of the Heritage Village Entrance for any drop-off or pick-up needs from the village.
- General admission is free for support workers when accompanying their clients.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is served by London-Para Transit.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is an outdoor museum that tells the story of rural communities and the founding of the City of London. As such, there are uneven roadways and paths throughout the village. When you enter there is a slow grade sloped path from the Tollgate into the Heritage Village. There are accessible pathways and ramps into the majority of our buildings.
- Wheelchairs A limited number of wheelchairs are available for use at the Tollgate.
- The second floors of heritage homes may not be accessible to those with mobility needs. Please try out Fanshawe: 360 for a sneak peek into all of these homes and other buildings.