Our Public Programming Season has come to a close! We are now open for booked Education Programs and ticketed Events only.
Please make sure to check our Upcoming Events for more information and make sure to visit us again starting May 18, 2019 to see inside the buildings and celebrate our 60th Public Programming Season.
The Spriet Family Visitor Centre contains Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s adminstration offices and the Trillium Community Gallery.
Adminstration office hours are Tuesday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Spriet Family Visitor Centre is open by appointment only on Mondays.
Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s offices will be closed from Friday, December 21st, 2018 through Monday, January 14th, 2019.
Our 2018 Trillium Gallery exhibit has now ended, but check back again in March 2019 to find out more about our next year’s exhibit.
Visit the Heritage Village
2018 Public Programming Season
Our public programming season has officially ended, but we still have ticketed events this fall and winter!
- For more information about our 2018 ticketed seasonal events, please visit our Upcoming Events page. Looking for things to do during your visit- Explore at Fanshawe Pioneer Village!
- Please visit our Education and Tours page for more information on pre-booked education programs, summer programming, and tours.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is a dog friendly museum. Bring your fury friends in for a walk! Please note, only working dogs are allowed inside the heritage buildings.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s offices will be closed for the holiday season from Friday, December 21st, 2018 through Monday, January 14th, 2019.
Public Programming Season –Join us again in 2019
- NOTE: Monday, October 8th, 2018 will be the final day for general visits as our Public Programming Season has come to an end. Our buildings and shops are now closed until we reopen May 18, 2019 for public visiting hours.
- Make sure you don’t miss out on our remaining 2018 Ticketed Events and Education Programs! Please visit our Events page for more information on ticketed events, or our Education & Tours page for pre-booked programming.
Admission & Memberships
- $9.00 per Adult- tax included
- $7.00 per Child ages 4-16 -tax included
- Free for children age 3 and under
- BIG on FUN Group Pass provides admission all year long for one low price!
How to Find Us
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is located INSIDE Fanshawe Conservation Area in London, Ontario. Enter at 1424 Clarke Road and follow the Orange Directional signs.
- Upon entering Fanshawe Conservation Area please let the conservation area tollgate attendant know you are visiting Fanshawe Pioneer Village and they will direct you to the museum.
- Enter 1424 Clarke Road into your GPS or use it as your destination when creating a Google Map.
- View Google Map
- Fanshawe Conservation Area Map
- Free parking! Large parking lot can easily accommodate school buses and campers.
- Accessible parking is located next to the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Visitor Tollgate.
Where to Stay
Please note the Denfield General Store and Village Cafe are now closed for the 2018 season.
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is here to serve you!
- During your visit stop in at the Denfield General Store and for treats, refreshments, local products, hand-made gifts, and souvenirs.
- Visit the Pioneer Village Cafe for refreshments, something to eat or ice cream! The Pioneer Village Cafe is open from May 19th to October 5th for the 2018 Summer Season. During the season the cafe is open Tuesday - Sunday and holiday Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Modern washrooms are available in the Heritage Village located behind the Pioneer Village Cafe. These washrooms have accessible stalls, as well as change tables.
- If your require access to an adult size change table please ask our Tollgate staff.
- Accessible parking is located near the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Entrance.
- A drop-off circle is located in front of the Heritage Village Entrance for any drop-off or pick-up needs from the village.
- General admission is free for support workers when accompanying their client.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available for use at the Tollgate.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is an outdoor museum that tells the story of rural communities and the founding of the City of London. As such, there are uneven roadways and paths throughout the village. When you enter there is a slow grade sloped path from the Tollgate into the Heritage Village. There are accesible pathways and ramps into the majority of our buildings.
- The second floors of heritage homes may not be accessible to those with mobility needs. Please try out Fanshawe: 360 for a sneak peak into all of these homes and other buildings.