Looking for a unique activity to add to your meeting, corporate event or family party?
Fanshawe Pioneer Village offers a variety of activities designed to add to your group’s experience. Spice up your event with a heritage-themed program!
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village staff will provide a brief introduction to Fanshawe Pioneer Village and will present a short demonstration of your chosen activity.
- Due to staffing restraints, Fanshawe Pioneer Village staff are not available for the duration of private rental events.
- Activity Rentals are only offered Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and are subject to availability.
- Each activity fee is for a rental of up 3 hours.
- Please contact us for the cost of activities and for more information. If your group is larger then the recommended amount please contact us for more information.
- Looking for more? Another great idea is to book a guided tour of Fanshawe Pioneer Village (90 to 120 minutes) and end with one of these fun activities! Learn more about our guided tour options here.
Activity Options (Additional Costs Apply)
Outdoor Games (Designed for 20 to 40 People)
Life in the 19th century village was always busy, especially on the farm. On special occasions villagers would come together to celebrate all their hard work and to relax with friends and family. Celebrate with your group by trying out some of the village’s outdoor games including cornhole (bean bag toss), lawn bowling (bocce ball), horseshoes, graces, or even tug of war!
Vintage Baseball (Designed for 20 to 25 People)
Experience baseball how it was played in the past! See for yourself how the game evolved steadily from the 1850s through the turn of the century into the game we know and love today. Receive a copy of the rules our vintage baseball players use to help you while you play. Our staff will get you started as you take the field to see who will score the most runs!
Village Scavenger Hunt (Designed for 20 to 40 People. Minimum of 20 people needed to book.)
Fanshawe Pioneer Village holds many secrets. Test your knowledge of 19th century life and the history of our many buildings as you race through the village. Choose from our adult or children’s level scavenger hunts.
For more information on Heritage Activities contact our Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-457-1296 ext. 817.