The Time Travellers’ Summer Day Camp
It’s the ultimate summer adventure. Spend a week travelling back in time!
Fanshawe Pioneer Village offers a summer day camp experience for children 8-12 years old who will become a part of Fanshawe Pioneer Village life. Children will experience heritage games, create early settler toys and crafts, and discover traditional trades and recipes, all while exploring our historic buildings and their unique history!
Check back in January for 2020’s Summer Camp Dates
For Children Ages 8 to 12
- Monday - Friday(5 Days) and operates 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
$145.00 per child
- Payment is due at time of registration and is non-refundable.
- Payment can be made by Cheque/Credit Card or we can process Debit/Cash in person-only
Summer Day Camp Registration
- Registration is open January 22, 2019 until July 10, 2019 OR until registration is full (20 spaces).
- To complete registration please fill out the registration form below and email it to the Education Coordinator at email@example.com. Registration is not completed until forms are received and payment is confirmed.
- 2019 Summer Camp Registration Form
- For more information on 2019 Time Travellers Summer Day Camp please read the Parent/Guardian Information Package.
History + Family Workshops
Join us in 2019 for a new series of Workshops designed for the whole family!
Bring your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, counsins and friends and discover how things were made in the past together!
- Workshops are designed for familes with children ages 7 to 14.
- Tickets includes our unique 2 hour workshop, as well as admission into Fanshawe Pioneer Village that day!
Tickets are available on Eventbrite starting June 1st!
Saturday, July 6, 2019
Hearths & Woodstoves: an Intro to Early Baking
Have you ever been fascinated by how settlers baked and cooked in their homes? During this workshop learn the tips and tricks for baking over an open fire and in a woodstove. With your children learn to bake like a pioneer and take home recipe cards so you can continue to bake together!
Adults $15.00 | Children $12.00 (Capcity: 25 people)
Saturday, August 10, 2019
Discover the Trades: Leather Stamping & Tinsmithing
Becoming a tradesperson, both in the past and today, takes a lot of training and practice. In the 19th century children would often help with the family business and then once they were old enough could become an apprentice. During this workshop, you and your children will create your own keepsake as you become apprentices together to discover the skills needed to work in both the Harness and Tinsmith Shops.
Adults $20.00 | Children $15.00 (Capacity: 20 people)
Sunday, August 25, 2019
Plants in the 19th Century Home: Flower Pressing and Dye Making
Beautiful, well cared for, gardens were a matter of pride during the 19th century. Plants were used for many things within the home, from remedies to cooking. Along with their practical uses, the Victorians loved to fill their homes with floral decorations. Learn how to press flowers and create a pressing as a family, then join us for a walk through the Dye Garden and discover how plants were used to make dyes for fabric!
Adults $15.00 | Children $12.00 (Capacity: 25 people)
Tickets for this workshop includes admission into our Anne of Green Gables Day event on August 25th!
firstname.lastname@example.org | call 519-457-1296 ext. 817