Do my guests have to pay the entrance fee to Fanshawe Conservation Area? No, admission is waived if you are coming to Fanshawe Pioneer Village.

How do I direct my guests to Fanshawe Pioneer Village? Please instruct your guests to enter from 1424 Clarke Road. This is the entrance to Fanshawe Conservation Area. You may also want to consider adding a map with your invitations.

Is smoking allowed at Fanshawe Pioneer Village? Smoking is not permitted in any of the buildings or on any of the grounds of Fanshawe Pioneer Village. Designated smoking areas have been set up outside of the Tollgate entrance and Spriet Family Visitors Centre.

Can we drive our cars on site? Modern vehicles are not permitted on site during the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If items need to be delivered on site, hand carts are available. After 4:30 p.m., vehicles may drive on site for deliveries, pick-ups and drop-offs.

What if a guest(s) needs assistance accessing Fanshawe Pioneer Village? We have a golf cart available on the day of your wedding specifically for any guests who may need assistance with mobility. We are more than happy to drive any guests who need assistance to the wedding location.

Our ceremony takes place during operating hours. What can my guests do between the ceremony and reception? While you take your pictures, guests are welcome to explore Fanshawe Pioneer Village. We will have a number of buildings open to the public and timed activities until 4:30 p.m. In addition to what our site offers, you may also want to consider renting your own games. (We suggest A&B Party and Tent Rental). It’s a hit during cocktail hours!

What is SOCAN and why am I being charged for it? A SOCAN fee may apply to your wedding. This payment is required if live or recorded music is used at your event. If these fees apply, these costs will be added to your final invoice due 30 days prior to the function. To learn more, click here.

Why do I need a Special Occasion Permit? If alcohol is to be served or sold you must obtain a Special Occaision Permit (SOP) from the local LCBO. Licensed events also require the renter to hire a Smart Serve Ceritified bartender. It is your responsiblity to obtain both a SOP and a certified bartender. To learn more, click here.

Where do I get insurance for my upcoming wedding at Fanshawe Pioneer Village? All renters must obtain a Comprehsive General Liability Insurance Policy from an insurer in an amount not less than two million dollars ($2,000,000). Insurance for special events like weddings can be obtained through your insurance broker or online through PAL Insurance Brokers Canada Ltd. You will need to provide a certificate of insurance to us before your event.

I’ve just booked my wedding with Fanshawe Pioneer Village, now what? Thank you for choosing Fanshawe Pioneer Village to celebrate your special day! A great place to start is our Wedding To-Do List! Also check out our Wedding Resources list. It’s filled with local vendors familiar with Fanshawe Pioneer Village who can help make your special day come together.

Have more questions?

Manager of Visitor Services
519.457.1296 ext. 813