Typical turn of the century print shop which produces the London Free Press and Farmers Advocate as well as printed materials made to order.
The Print Shop at Fanshawe Pioneer Village was built and equipped by the London Free Press in 1967 as a special centennial project. The original Free Press was launched by William Sutherland in 1849. This first print shop was located on Dundas Street, near Ridout, but fell victim to arsonists who were unhappy with Sutherland’s pro-Reform politics. As a result, it is impossible to know exactly how the original Free Press building looked. The Village’s replica is a plausible recreation, constructed with spruce and pine boards, hand forged nails and cedar shingles.