Fanshawe School

Original Building: London Township, 1871

Schools for children of the second generation were formalized by the Province with established curriculums and require attendance. Even the architecture was standardized and this 1871 example of a one room school house is typical of many in Middlesex County.

In April 1992, the Fanshawe School Fund had successfully raised the $25,000 needed to relocate School Section #19 four kilometres down Fanshawe Park Road to its new home at Fanshawe Pioneer Village. The school, slated for demolition, was the last of a number of 19th century buildings once located in the hamlet of Fanshawe near the corner of Highbury Ave and Fanshawe Park Road.

Fanshawe School Media

Location