Representative of the first home of the Talbot settler in London Township, circa 1820.
The Elgie Log House was built about 1865 on Lot 24, Concession 7, West Nissouri Township. This building was the boyhood home of Michael Elgie. Elgie’s father, James, moved to West Nissouri Township around 1877 where he purchased the log home and farm. The log house was originally built as a one and a half storey structure typical of the period, but was reconstructed as a single storey dwelling when it was moved to the Village.