1840s drive through barn built with elm logs.
Colbert Barn is the oldest structure at Fanshawe Pioneer Village and one of the first buildings moved to this site. The barn is a rare example of an early pioneer barn from Middlesex County. While there is little documentation about who built the barn and where, Robert Berry is credited with raising the barn about 1840. It is believed that sometime after 1890 the barn was dismantled and moved from its original location to the Colbert family farm on Lot 14, Concession 3 in West Nissouri Township, near Thorndale. Still in use as a hay barn, Jack Colbert sold it to the Village in 1960 for two hundred dollars.