Big on History, Big on Fun
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s 60th Anniversary Public Programming Season has ended. We will reopen for daily public programming on May 16, 2020.
- Our administration office in the Spriet Family Visitor Centre is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Please note the Conservation Area front gate locks at 4:00 p.m.)
- The Heritage Village is open for Winter Walks (the Heritage buildings are closed until May 16th) during our winter season Tuesday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please check-in at the Spriet Centre for a map. (Please note winter walks of the Heritage Village grounds are weather dependant.)
- Please visit our Education page for more information on pre-booked education programs and tours, or our Upcoming Events page to learn more about what is happening during 2020.
- If you have questions about our public programming season at Fanshawe Pioneer Village contact Alison Deplonty, Public Programming Coordinator at 519-457-1296 x 811.
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is not open Family Day or during Easter.
Trillium Community Gallery Exhibit
Our 2020 Exhibit, Tools of the Trade, will open on Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
The exhibit will be open Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from Tuesday, March 16th through Friday, April 24th; then Tuesday to Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 5th through Thursday, October 8th, 2020.
Tools of the Trade Will be closed the week of Monday, April 27th through Friday, May 1st, 2020.
Pioneer Village Cafe
The Pioneer Village Cafe is now closed. It will reopen on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
Denfield General Store
The Denfield General Store is now closed. It will reopen on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
This Week at Fanshawe Pioneer Village
Each season Fanshawe Pioneer Village chooses themes to focus on throughout the season and each month.
In 2020 our Public Programming theme will be Tools of the Trade, our monthly themes are:
May and June: Arts and Trades
July: Social Change
August: Agriculture and Subsistence
September and October: Preparing for Winter