Service Disruption: With the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff in mind, and in light of recommendations from the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health, Fanshawe Pioneer Village will be closed to the public Monday, March 16th until Tuesday, April 7th, 2020. Please check the Fanshawe Pioneer Village website and social media channels for updates on when the Village will re-open as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Where the Past, is Present!
Visit us to explore and experience:
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s 60th Anniversary Public Programming Season has ended. We will reopen for daily public programming on May 16, 2020.
- Please make sure to check our Upcoming Events for information about our seasonal 2020 events or read more about our Education Programs.
- Our administration office in the Spriet Family Visitor Centre is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Please note the Conservation Area front gate locks at 4:00 p.m.)
- The Heritage Village is open for Winter Walks (the Heritage buildings are closed until May 16th) during our winter season Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please check-in at the Spriet Centre for a map. (Please note winter walks of the Heritage Village grounds are weather dependant.)
- The seasonal Trillium Community Gallery Exhibit for 2020, Tools of the Trade, will open March 17, 2020.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is not open Family Day or during Easter.
Visit the Trillium Community Gallery Exhibit
Tools of the Trade
Our 2020 Exhibit, Tools of the Trade, will open on Tuesday, March 17th, 2020. Join us on Thursday, March 19th, 2020 for March Break Family Drop-In Day for the official launch of the exhibit and free family activities.
The exhibit will be open Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from Tuesday, March 16th through Friday, April 24th; then Tuesday to Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 5th through Thursday, October 8th, 2020.
Tools of the Trade will be closed the week of Monday, April 27th through Friday, May 1st, 2020.
Admission to the Trillium Community Gallery Exhibit is free.
Visit the Heritage Village
Public Programming Season
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s 60th Anniversary Public Programming Season has ended. Please visit us through the holiday season for special events and education programs.
We will reopen for daily programming on May 16, 2020.
- For more information about our 2020 Events as they become available please visit our Upcoming Events page.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is a dog-friendly museum. Bring your furry friends in for a walk! Please note, only working dogs are allowed inside the heritage buildings.
- Please visit our Education and Tours page for more information on pre-booked education programs, summer programming, and tours.
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is not open Family Day or during Easter.
- The Heritage Village will reopen for the 2020 Public Programming Season on Saturday, May 16, 2020. The Village remains open for special events and education programs through the fall and holiday season.
- The Pioneer Village Cafe is now closed for the winter and will reopen on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
- The Denfield General Store is now closed for the winter and will reopen on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
- Our administration office in the Spriet Family Visitor Centre is currently open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Heritage Village Admission & Annual Passes
General Admission Rates from 2020 (effective May 16th through October 12th):
- $10.00 per Adult- tax included
- $9.00 per Senior- tax included
- $7.00 per Child ages 4-16- tax included
- Free for children ages 3 and under
2020 Annual Passes:
- Each Annual Pass type comes with 2 free admissions so you can share the experience.
- Complete the Annual Pass form and return it to the village by mail or e-mail. You can also contact us at 519-457-1296.
How to Find Us
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is located inside Fanshawe Conservation Area in London, Ontario. Enter at 1424 Clarke Road and follow the Orange Directional Signs.
- Upon entering Fanshawe Conservation Area please let the conservation area tollgate attendant know you are visiting Fanshawe Pioneer Village and they will direct you to the museum.
- Enter 1424 Clarke Road into your GPS or use it as your destination when creating a Google Map.
- View Google Map
- Fanshawe Conservation Area Map
- Free parking! The large parking lot can easily accommodate school buses and campers.
- Accessible parking is located next to the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Visitor Tollgate.
Where to Stay
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is here to serve you!
- Please note the Denfield General Store and Village Cafe are now closed for the winter season, it will reopen on Saturday, May 16th, 2020.
- During your visit stop in at the Denfield General Store and for treats, refreshments, local products, hand-made gifts, and souvenirs.
- Visit the Pioneer Village Cafe for refreshments, something to eat or ice cream! The Pioneer Village Cafe has now closed for the season, it will reopen on Saturday, May 16th, 2020.
- Modern washrooms are available in the Heritage Village located behind the Pioneer Village Cafe. These washrooms have accessible stalls, as well as change tables.
- If you require access to an adult size change table please ask our Tollgate staff.
Village Access & Accessibility
- Accessible parking is located near the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Entrance.
- A drop-off circle is located in front of the Heritage Village Entrance for any drop-off or pick-up needs from the village.
- General admission is free for support workers when accompanying their clients.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is served by London-Para Transit.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is an outdoor museum that tells the story of rural communities and the founding of the City of London. As such, there are uneven roadways and paths throughout the village. When you enter there is a slow grade sloped path from the Tollgate into the Heritage Village. There are accessible pathways and ramps into the majority of our buildings.
- Wheelchairs A limited number of wheelchairs are available for use at the Tollgate.
- The second floors of heritage homes may not be accessible to those with mobility needs. Please try out Fanshawe: 360 for a sneak peek into all of these homes and other buildings.