The Heritage Village’s homes and buildings are closed for the season, but the Village grounds are open for visitors to take a walk. Follow the path through the Heritage Village and use our “Mobile Tour” option, with your smart device, to learn more about the village. Please check-in at the Spriet Family Visitor Centre upon arrival and to collect your map. (The Centre is located outside the Heritage Village.)
Village Grounds are open to visitors Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. During this time you may also visit the Trillium Community Gallery to experience our new exhibit “A Woman’s Work is Never Done”, starting on March 13. Please note the Fanshawe Conservation Area dam gate closes daily at 4:00 p.m. and all vehicles must exit the Conservation Area by this time.
Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s administration offices are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Spriet Family Visitor Centre
The Spriet Family Visitor Centre contains Fanshawe Pioneer Village’s adminstration offices and the Trillium Community Gallery.
Adminstration office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For more information on the Trillium Community Gallery exhibit please visit Explore at Fanshawe Pioneer Village or for information about renting the Trillium Community Gallery contact our Manager of Visitor Services.
Visit the Heritage Village
2018 Public Programming Season
Our public programming season runs from May 19th to October 8th, 2018.
- For more information about our 2018 season offerings, please visit our Upcoming Events page. Looking for things to do during your visit- Explore at Fanshawe Pioneer Village!
- Please visit our Education and Tours page for more information on pre-booked education programs, summer programming, and tours.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is a dog friendly museum. Bring your fury friends in for a walk! Please note, only working dogs are allowed inside the heritage buildings.
Summer Season 2018
- May 19th to October 8th, 2018
- Tuesday - Sunday and Holiday Mondays (closed regular Mondays), 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Admission & Memberships
- $9.00 per Adult- tax included
- $7.00 per Child ages 4-16 -tax included
- Free for children age 3 and under
- BIG on FUN Family Pass provides admission all year long for one low price!
How to Find Us
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is located INSIDE Fanshawe Conservation Area in London, Ontario. Enter at 1424 Clarke Road and follow the Orange Directional signs.
- Upon entering Fanshawe Conservation Area please let the conservation area tollgate attendant know you are visiting Fanshawe Pioneer Village and they will direct you to the museum.
- Enter 1424 Clarke Road into your GPS or use it as your destination when creating a Google Map.
- View Google Map
- Fanshawe Conservation Area Map
- Free parking! Large parking lot can easily accommodate school buses and campers.
- Accessible parking is located next to the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Visitor Tollgate.
Where to Stay
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is here to serve you!
- During your visit stop in at the Denfield General Store and Pioneer Village Cafe for treats, refreshments, local products, hand-made gifts, and souvenirs.
- Modern washrooms are available in the Heritage Village located behind the Pioneer Village Cafe. These washrooms have accessible stalls, as well as change tables.
- If your require access to an adult size change table please ask our Tollgate staff.
- Accessible parking is located near the Spriet Family Visitor Centre and Heritage Village Entrance.
- A drop-off circle is located in front of the Heritage Village Entrance for any drop-off or pick-up needs from the village.
- General admission is free for support workers when accompanying their client.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available for use at the Tollgate.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village is an outdoor museum that tells the story of rural communities and the founding of the City of London. As such, there are uneven roadways and paths throughout the village. When you enter there is a slow grade sloped path from the Tollgate into the Heritage Village. There are accesible pathways and ramps into the majority of our buildings.
- The second floors of heritage homes may not be accessible to those with mobility needs. Please try out Fanshawe: 360 for a sneak peak into all of these homes and other buildings.